(Greensburg, IN) – Greensburg municipal officials were sworn in Friday during a Noontime ceremony.
Taking the oath of office in Decatur Circuit Judge Tim Day’s courtroom were:
- Mayor Joshua Marsh;
- Clerk-Treasurer Amy Borns;
- District 1 councilman Kevin Fleetwood;
- District 2 councilman Dr. Rodney King;
- District 3 councilman Jamie Cain;
- District 4 councilman Darrell Poling; and
- At-Large councilmembers Vietta McKenzie, Mark Carman and Darryl Tressler.
King, Carman and Tressler are city council newcomers.
All of the officer holders are Republicans, who ran unopposed in the November General Election.
Decatur County Republican Party Chairman Nate Harter reacted after the swearing-in ceremony.
“I think it’s important that every time we gather to remember how meaningful and important a day like today is. It’s remarkable, in the history of the world, that we live in a country that has the freedom to choose our elected officials. This is a solemn and sacred thing, when you take the oath of office, but it is also a celebratory occasion,” Harter said. “I want to thank the candidates that put their name out there, willing to put themselves in the light to serve their community. Congratulations and I look forward to working with you all over the next four years.”