- A check with Purdue Extension corn specialist, King Corn Bob Nielsen, confirms the 2019 season isn’t producing the king of all corn crops, and now the crop is facing intense hot weather. Dr. Nielsen says this heat will impact dry areas of the state and those locations which benefited from rain this week. “While we […]
The post Heat Challenging Corn Crop Whether the Feet are Wet or Dry appeared first on Hoosier Ag Today.
- Japan and the U.S. are “working hard” to reach a trade agreement, according to those close to the negotiations. A Japanese official told Reuters this week, “Our team is now working pretty hard, so we are looking forward to some news in the near future.” The U.S. and Japan are reportedly working on a small […]
- Growth in the average size of farm operating loans boosted agricultural lending in the second quarter of 2019. A Kansas City Federal Reserve Bank report shows the volume of loans increased 11 percent compared with 2018. The pace of growth is the fastest in the second quarter since 2011. Operating loans continues as the majority […]
The post Report: Large Loans Drive Further Increases in Farm Lending appeared first on Hoosier Ag Today.
- Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, circus lovers from around the world! The Indiana State Fair announces the return of Big Top Circus presented by BEE Window. In addition to savory fair food, Free Stage concerts and Midway rides, 2019 fairgoers can expect an impressive circus lineup featuring acrobats, clowns, and trapeze artists performing daring […]
The post Big Top Circus Returns to the 2019 Indiana State Fair appeared first on Hoosier Ag Today.
- Shaun-Casteel-July-update Some very hot weather is again consuming Indiana and the Midwest. How will the soybean crop handle the stress? A late planting season and difficult growing conditions to date have complicated the picture for soybeans this year, and Dr. Shaun Casteel, Purdue Extension soybean specialist says Indiana soybean fields are not in a good […]
- How to Handle Weed Pressure on Your Prevent Plant Acres Weed control is, and will continue to be, a hot topic this season, especially on your prevent plant acres. Dr. Aaron Hager is a weed specialist at the University of Illinois- he appeared on the HAT Soil Health Podcast that dropped today at hoosieragtoday.com. “We […]
The post How to Handle Weed Pressure on Your Prevent Plant Acres appeared first on Hoosier Ag Today.
- The HAT Soil Health Podcast- Weed Control on Your Prevent Plant Acres On this month’s HAT Soil Health Podcast, Dr. Aaron Hager, Associate Professor at the University of Illinois specializing in weeds, discusses weed pressure on your prevent plant acres. He says waterhemp, marestail, and giant ragweed are 4 to 5 feet tall in Illinois […]
The post The HAT Soil Health Podcast- Weed Control on Your Prevent Plant Acres appeared first on Hoosier Ag Today.
- Many Department of Agriculture employees refuse to relocate as part of a plan to move two agencies to Kansas City. At the Economic Research Service, 72 employees accepted relocation, and 99 declined or did not provide a response by the deadline on Monday. At the National Institute of Food and Agriculture, three employees agreed to […]
The post Many USDA Workers Refuse to Relocate With ERS, NIFA appeared first on Hoosier Ag Today.
- The World Trade Organization ruled against the United States in a pre-trade war dispute with China, opening the door for more retaliatory tariffs. The ruling says some U.S. tariffs on Chinese goods do not comply with WTO rules. The case opened in 2012 when the United States implemented tariffs aimed at products the U.S. claimed […]
The post WTO Rules against US over Pre-Trade War Dispute with China appeared first on Hoosier Ag Today.
- Delegates to the National Corn Growers Association’s Corn Congress yesterday approved a “Sense of the Corn Congress” urging President Trump to uphold his commitment to America’s farmers and the Renewable Fuel Standard (RFS). “We, the assembled voting delegates of the National Corn Growers Association, ask President Donald Trump to uphold his commitments to protect the […]
The post Corn Congress Delegates Urge President Trump to Uphold RFS appeared first on Hoosier Ag Today.