Greensburg FD battles attic fire

GREENSBURG, Ind. — The Greensburg Fire Department battled a house fire in Greensburg on Sunday.

Firefighters responded to a 911 call around 10:55 AM at 4441 East North Road in Greensburg.

The homeowner, Marsha McMillian, thought the fire started near the wood stove, but fire officials say that there was no fire in that area.

The majority of the fire was in the attic.

Firefighters had to cut 2 holes in the roof and pull the ceiling in the kitchen and bathroom in order to gain access to fight the fire.

The cause of the fire has not been listed.