Detector alerts local homeowner to high C-O levels

(Photo: Versailles Fire Rescue)

(Versailles, IN) – It could have had a much different and tragic outcome.

That’s the word from Versailles firefighters who were called to a home south of town Wednesday evening for an active Carbon Monoxide detector.

While checking out the situation with the department’s gas meter, high levels of C-O were detected in the house.

Fire officials say luckily the residents had a working C-O detector in their home.