(Decatur County, IN) – The Decatur County Community Foundation recently completed its third and final Large Grant cycle of 2023.
With the close of this cycle, more than $190,000 was awarded to 19 large projects this year.
Large Grant Projects that were funded in 2023 include:
- Decatur County Wellness Court
- Player safety upgrades for Greensburg Youth Football
- Swimming and coaching equipment for Decatur County Tiger Sharks
- Kids Discovery Factory vehicle for mobile school outreach
- Hands of Hope food pantry equipment
- Farmers Market/Kid Coupons/SNAP WIC matching and automation for Main Street Greensburg
- North Park basketball court upgrades through the Mayors Youth Council
- Playground equipment at Sardinia Baptist Church
- Nine tents and a student scholarship for Youth to Yellowstone
- Cyber safety in-school program
- Digital safety radios for North Decatur Elementary
- Decatur County Parks basketball court
- Gleaners senior mobile pantry
- New windows for the ARK
- Neuroplasticity program for Decatur County Elementary Schools
- Home fire relief from American Red Cross
- Supplies and materials for Covenant Miscarriage Ministries
- Floor scrubber for the Adult Center
- Additional space for Bread of Life’s garment sorting effort
When applying for a large grant, applicants may request up to $15,000.
Large grants are available three times a year.
The next large grant cycle will open in February 2024. For updates on the large grant availability, visit dccfound.org.
Large project grants are funded through donations made to DCCF’s Community Fund.
The Community Fund not only supports large grants but also fire, teacher and small grants.
As with all fund donations, gifts made to this fund are invested.
The interest earned off of the investments is used to make grants the following year.
For more information on contributing to the Community Fund, or to start your own fund that supports a specific cause of your choice, contact the Foundation’s Grant Manager, Gracie Shonk, at
(812) 662-6364 or [email protected].
(Decatur County Community Foundation press release)