Greensburg, IN — The Decatur County Health Department (DCHD) released its mandates for crowd sizes and mask recommendations on Tuesday evening.
Effective as of Tuesday, April 6, 2021 until further notice:
Capacity Limits for Social Gatherings and Events:
It is strongly recommended that the size of a social gathering or event be limited in overall attendance (attendees, staff and others) based on Decatur County’s color-coded metric, as follows:
- Designated as Red may have up to a total of 50 individuals present; with 25% capacity
- Designated as Orange may have up to a total of 100 individuals present; with up to 25% capacity
- Designated as Yellow may have up to a total of 250 individuals present; with up to 50% capacity
- Designated as Blue may have up to a total of 500 individuals present; with up to 100% capacity
Mask/Face Shield Mandate: Masks will be required in the following businesses and organizations:
- Personal service jobs: Personal Trainers, Tattoo Artists and clients, Hair Stylists and clients (if patron and worker are both vaccinated, masks/shields are optional).
- Restaurant Employees
- Grocery store and convenience store employees
- Optometrists and patients
- Hospitals and medical facilities
Per Indiana Governor Holcomb’s executive order, schools, COVID-19 vaccine clinics, COVID-19 testing clinics, and state buildings are required to wear a mask.
If a hotspot is recognized, there may be stricter restrictions enforced to stop the spread of a hotspot. Any facility or organization has the right to require masks and/or shields. DCHD noted that once Decatur County has the majority of individuals vaccinated, it will be able to lift all restrictions.