Ripley County, IN — In an effort to contain the spread of Covid-19 the Ripley County Health Department has issued new mandates for the county. Capacity limits for gatherings and events will be outlined by the Ripley County color-coded metric. Those metrics are the following:
• Designated as Red may have up to a total of 50 individuals present; with 25% capacity
• Designated as Orange may have up to a total of 100 individuals present; with up to 25% capacity
• Designated as Yellow may have up to a total of 250 individuals present; with up to 50% capacity
• Designated as Blue may have up to a total of 500 individuals present; with up to 100% capacity
Any social gathering or event that is expected to be more than the amounts above can submit a safety plan to the Ripley County Health Department seven days in advance. The event plan form can be found at ripleyhealth.com.
A mask and shield mandate will continue for a select group of businesses. They include:
• Personal service jobs: Personal Trainers, Tattoo Artists and clients, Hair Stylists and clients (if patron and worker are both vaccinated, masks/shields are optional)
• Food Handlers: Grocery store employees and food servers
• Optometrists and patients
• Hospitals and medical facilities
Per Governor Eric Holcomb’s order, schools, COVID-19 vaccine clinics, COVID-19 testing clinics, and state buildings are required to wear masks.
If a hotspot occurs, more restrictions could be required. Any facility or organization has the right to require masks and/or shields. These mandates are effective as of Tuesday, April 6, 2021 until further notice.