House fire deemed a total loss

Osgood, IN — On Saturday afternoon, the Osgood Volunteer Fire Department responded to a dispatch of a structure fire on North Street in Osgood.
Crews arrived within minutes of the initial call to find a wood frame, bi-level one family home with heavy smoke and fire. No one was in the home at the time of the fire, but the home was deemed a total loss. Red Cross was called to assist with the family.

An investigation of the fire revealed that the fire was started in the kitchen near the microwave.

Mutual Aid was provided at the scene by the Napoleon Volunteer Fire Department, Versailles Fire and Rescue, Ripley County EMS, and Duke Energy.