The Batesville High School Men’s and Women’s Swimming dove into competition in Lawrenceburg for a nail-biter. Overall, the Bulldog men won the competition while the women dropped the meet, finishing in third place, but only by a total margin of 5 points.
And while the total margin for the women was 5, the Lady Bulldogs dropped the meet by a single point to the host Tigers.
“We swam the best meet we could given our circumstances, but Neil and Steve had a stronger line-up on the women’s side. We get another chance next week to try and eke out a win when we head to Milan for our quad meet (which will include Southwestern-Hanover),” said Bulldogs Coach Greg McMullen.
As for the men, they were able to finish a strong back-half effort winning 6 of 7 events after the break.
“Both of our teams are really starting to hit a stride as we start to wind down the season. Hopefully, we can maintain this momentum as we move to Sectionals.”
“With the additional challenges put into place with the pandemic, we’re still happy to be competing and hope to continue doing so as we approach February.”
- Batesville Bulldogs, 90
- Milan, 82
- Lawrenceburg, 63
- Milan, 101
- Lawrenceburg, 97
- Batesville Lady Bulldogs, 96
- Will Johnson — 200 Free (1:59.73)
- Ciaran Tyrer — 100 Butterfly (1:01.94)
- Ben Moster — 100 Free (54.40), 100 Breast (
- Sean Callahan — 500 Free (5:21.22)
- 200 Free Relay (1:43.68) — Adam Hollowell, Ethan Brewer, Moster, Joseph Shroder
- 400 Free Relay (3:43.55) — Callahan, Moster, Tyrer, Johnson
- Sonja Gaulin — 100 Free (1:05.09)
- 200 Free Relay (1:59.12) — Gaulin, Isabelle Wonnell, Maria Lopez, Paige Oldham
- Paige Oldham — 100 Breast (1:26.36)
- Will Johnson was the first individual under 2:00 in the 200 Freestyle since 2013.
- Ben Moster led the team with two individual wins in the 100 Free and Breaststroke
- Sonja Gaulin and Paige Oldham both won their only individual events on the night
The Batesville Bulldogs swim team will be visiting EIAC rival East Central for a dual meet at East Central High School on Tuesday (1/19) Evening.