The Batesville High School Men’s and Women’s Swimming teams took on EIAC foes Lawrenceburg and South Dearborn in Aurora Tuesday evening. The Lady Bulldogs fell to third while the Boys, once again rallied to come away with the overall win.
“Coming off our strong conference effort, we decided to toss in some off-events for some added variety,” said Bulldogs Coach Greg McMullen. “Some of the swimmers didn’t necessarily like what they were in, but we still swam well, earned some new PRs, and got some added water time in.”
The Lady Bulldogs won two events, were runner ups in two others, and finished the night off with an additional five third-place finishes. They also finished the meet with 10 personal records and one season best while also taking advantage of the meet to give five different swimmers a chance to try something new.
On the men’s side, the Bulldogs finished with 13 PRs, one SB, and three new event swims.
“We work hard to build confidence in our swimmers. Not just in their basic swimming skills but also working towards the confidence to try new events. Now that we’ve moved past conference, it’s time to see what holes we can fill before we make the final push to the IHSAA Sectional meet in February.”
- Batesville Bulldogs, 120
- South Dearborn, 82
- Lawrenceburg, 74
- South Dearborn, 130
- Lawrenceburg, 101
- Batesville Lady Bulldogs, 84
- Ciaran Tyrer — 200 Free (2:04.20), 100 Free (54.77)
- Sean Callahan — 200 IM (2:19.43), 100 Breast (1:09.79)
- Benjamin Moster — 100 Fly (1:00.96), 100 Back (1:04.64)
- William Johnson — 500 Free (5:49.57)
- 200 Free Relay — 1:42.19, Johnson, Tyrer, Joseph Shroder, Moster
- 400 Free Relay — Tyrer, Derek VanSickle, Adam Hollowell, Johnson
- Sonja Gaulin — 50 Free (27.90)
- 400 Freestyle Relay — 4:34.08, Paige Oldham, Ava Obermeyer, Isabelle Wonnell, Maria Lopez
The Batesville Bulldogs will be heading to Lawrenceburg on Thursday, Jan 14, to compete against the Tigers and Milan Indians.