Sunman, IN — Sunman-Dearborn Community School Corporation has released a plan for all events for the Sunman-Dearborn Community Schools, including East Central High School and Sunman-Dearborn Middle School, that adheres to state-specific guidelines and has been approved by the Dearborn County Health Department. The plan outlines where spectators can sit and mask requirements, among other things.
The event plan states the following:
● Sunman-Dearborn Community School Corporation (S-DCSC) is allowed 50% capacity at indoor and outdoor events. All general public tickets will be sold at the gate. No all-sports passes or general public presale tickets will be available. Once 50% capacity is reached, gates/doors will be closed. Separate visitor and home sections, if not already clear, will be marked accordingly. At football games, patrons will NOT be able to change sides once they have entered the venue as a part of social distancing efforts.
● All staff and vendors will be screened prior to every contest. Proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) will be worn by staff and vendors. All patrons are asked to self-screen prior to attending any S-DCSC event and are not permitted to attend if symptomatic.
● Social distancing signage and clearly marked patron areas will be provided. Social distancing is required with the exception of immediate family. Separate entrance and exit areas will be made available at all events where possible. It is asked that patrons respect others by social distancing.
● Special attention will be given to food/vendor sales and restroom sanitation throughout every contest. Additionally, hand-sanitizer will be made available and handwashing highly encouraged.
● For high school events, students in grades 8 and under will be required to sit with parents or family members. Students/children will not be allowed to roam freely at the venue during the contest.
● Students in grades 9-12 attending the game will be seated in a designated area (socially distanced) or be required to sit with parents/family members.
● Spectators will be required to wear face coverings in accordance with the Governor’s mandate. The Governor’s mandate will be posted at the entrance. Facemasks will be required upon entrance to all events. Once social distancing requirements have been established, spectators may remove their masks. Facemasks will be made available to spectators.
● Compliance will be monitored by staff in conjunction with Dearborn County Sheriff and School Resource Officers. Non-compliance at events may result in a cancellation of patrons at contests/events and/or a cancellation of contests.