Decatur, Franklin, and Ripley Counties— Milestone Contractors will begin milling and paving at three I-74 interchanges in Decatur, Franklin and Ripley Counties on or after Monday, September 16, weather permitting, as crews move toward the completion of the $61 million I-74 reconstruction project that began in August of 2017.
Work will take place as follows on all ramps at Exit 156 (S.R. 101/Sunman/Milan), Exit 149 (S.R. 229/Oldenburg/Batesville) and Exit 143 (St. Maurice/New Point) from September 16 to 26, weather permitting.
- Milling on all ramps next week and will have (no ramp closures scheduled):
- Monday 9/16 (6 p.m. to 6 a.m.) at Exit 156
- Tuesday, 9/17 (6 a.m. to 6 p.m.) at Exit 149
- Wednesday, 9/18 and Thursday, 9/19 (6 p.m. to 6 a.m.) at Exit 143 and C.R. 850 E. overpass (overpass open with flaggers)
- Friday, 9/20 (6 p.m. to 6 a.m.) at WB I-74 Rest Area (currently closed)
- Paving on all ramps will occur starting Thursday, September 19 they will start on (EB ramps, then WB ramps with each being closed separately at each location):
- Thursday, 9/19 (7 p.m. to 6 a.m.) at Exit 156
- Friday, 9/20 (7 p.m. to 6 a.m.) at Exit 149
- Saturday, 9/21 (7 p.m. to 6 a.m.) at Exit 143
- Sunday, 9/22 (No work scheduled)
- Monday, 9/23 (7 p.m. to 6 a.m.) on C.R. 850 E. overpass (overpass open with flaggers)
- Tuesday, 9/24 to Thursday, 9/26 at Exit 143
- Pipe installation on EB off-ramp (6 a.m. to 7 p.m. on 9/24)
- Paving (7 p.m. on 9/24 through 9/25)
- 9/26 will be utilized as a workday if necessary
Motorists may enter or exit I-74 at the exit before or after each closed ramp. A signed detour will also be available via S.R. 46.
The entire I-74 reconstruction project is scheduled to be completed in late October or early November of this year. All drivers are urged to slow down and continue using caution in and near the work zone. All schedules are subject to change.