Lawrenceburg, IN—The Hidden valley lake Natural Resources Department collected and tested water samples from Kathy Lake on Wednesday. One of those samples tested positive for a high level of a microcystin toxin associated with cyanobacterial (otherwise known as blue-green algae) blooms.
They ask that you do not swim in or drink water from that lake as well as do not let your dogs swim in or drink from Kathy Lake. If your pets are exposed, do not let them lick their fur; bathe them immediately. Do not eat fish caught in Kathy Lake.
Officials for Hidden Valley Lake say they did not see potential algae blooms on any of our other lakes, but be aware that additional blooms are possible as long as this heatwave continues. They ask that if you observe a green or bluish-green oily-looking film in other areas, please take a picture, and contact Linda Hartmann with the location as soon as possible (513-330-3988 or email@example.com).