Rising Sun, In. — The Rising Sun Regional Foundation awarded a total of $270,182 in 20 new grants in the first quarter of 2018. These grants included:
(1) $4,415 to the American Legion Post #337 – Sunman toward the purchase of a commercial water softener;
(2) $2,500 to the Aurora Riverfront Beautification toward its 2018 Red White & Boom festival;
(3) $20,000 to the City of Batesville Parks Department for playground surface for one of its new playground areas;
(4) $2,400 to the Batesville Community School Corporation for the purchase of a vision screening machine;
(5) $4,434 to the Batesville Community School Corporation for the purchase of a web-based math program;
(6) $10,000 to the LifeTime Resources toward matching funds for Catch-A-Ride vehicles;
(7) $20,000 to the Milan Community School Corporation for video surveillance systems for school buses;
(8) $1,901 to the Ohio County Extension Office for renovations to its office;
(9) $5,000 to Ohio County Youth Development for crates to store animal pens;
(10) $40,000 to the Otter Creek Township Volunteer Fire Department toward the construction of a new fire station;
(11) $10,000 to the City of Rising Sun/ Rising Sun Ohio County Community School Corporation for baseball/softball field improvements;
(12) $10,000 to the Rising Sun Medical Center for upgrades to furniture and its phone system;
(13) $25,000 to the Rising Sun Municipal Utilities toward the purchase of a new bucket truck;
(14) $35,000 to the Rising Sun Ohio County Community School Corporation toward LED lighting upgrades at the elementary/middle school building;
(15) $4,615 to the Rising Sun Volunteer Fire Department for new helmets;
(16) $12,500 to the Shiner Pride Band Boosters toward the purchase of a sound system;
(17) $18,600 to the South Dearborn Community School Corporation for new track and field equipment;
(18) $5,000 to the South Ripley Community School Corporation for the purchase of a Smartboard and wobble stools;
(19) $2,500 to the St. Louis School toward STEM-related equipment and materials; and
(20) $38,232 to the Town of Sunman for the purchase of a new police vehicle and related equipment.
Grant applications for the next grants cycle are due Monday, April 16, 2018 by 4:00pm. Applications can be downloaded from the RSRF website at www.rsrfonline.org, and can be emailed to email@example.com.
The Rising Sun Regional Foundation was created in 1994 by the City of Rising Sun, and is now funded by the Rising Star Casino Resort, owned by Full House Resorts, Inc., which makes monthly contributions to the foundation based on a percentage of its Adjusted Gross Revenue. To date, the foundation has received more than $43 million in riverboat funds, of which at least 75% has been granted back to the community.