Batesville, In. — Officials from the United States Postal Service estimate they’ll deliver more than 15 billion pieces of mail between Thanksgiving Day and New Years Day this holiday season.
“The Postal Service is well prepared to meet our customers’ needs during the holiday season, especially as demand for package deliveries continues to grow,” said Megan J. Brennan, Postmaster General and CEO.
Postal traffic increase is expected to steadily increase and the busiest time for mail carriers will be December 18 through 24.
2017 Christmas Shipping Deadlines
The Postal Service recommends the following mailing and shipping deadlines:
- 11 – APO/FPO/DPO Priority Mail & First Class Mail
- 14 – USPS Retail Ground
- 15 – Hawaii to Mainland Priority Mail & First Class
- 16 – APO/FPO/DPO USPS Priority Mail Express
- 16 – First Class Packages (up to 15.99 ounces)
- 19 – First Class Mail (including greeting cards)
- 20 – Priority Mail
- 20 – Hawaii to Mainland Priority Mail Express
- 20 – Alaska to Mainland Priority Mail & First Class
- 21 – Alaska to Mainland Priority Mail Express
- 22 – Priority Mail Express