Fire destroys mobile home in Osgood, no injuries reported

Osgood, In.— Fire destroyed a mobile home in Osgood Tuesday.

A report from the Osgood Volunteer Fire Department says firefighters responded to the 400 block of Fairground Road at 1:42 p.m. and found the vacant dwelling fully engulfed in flames. The fire was extinguished by 3 p.m.

Investigators believe the fire started in the kitchen and was accidental. The mobile home was declared a total loss.

The renter told investigators he was painting prior to moving in and called Duke Energy to turn electricity on and left for work. The stove was left in the “On” position while the electricity was off. The fire started when Duke energized the property.