You can add or subtract any veggies you want without sacrificing flavor.
The more veggies you add, the more filling and nutritious the salad will be!
- 1 ½ cups uncooked orzo pasta
- 2 (6 ounce) cans artichoke hearts
- 1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- 1 red onion, minced
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 (2 ounce can) sliced black olives, drained
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Cook orzo according to package directions (likely 8-10 minute); drain.
- While orzo cooks, drain artichoke hearts, reserving liquid.
- In a large bowl, combine orzo pasta, artichoke hearts, tomato, cucumber, onion, feta, olives, red bell pepper, parsley, lemon juice, oregano and salt and pepper.
- Toss and chill for 1 hour in refrigerator.
- Just before serving, drizzle reserved artichoke marinade over salad.