Due to the holiday schedule, the City of Batesville is reminding residents that the weekly Friday trash collection has been rescheduled for one day later this week. Pending inclement weather forcing a change, the city will be conducting the trash pick-up Saturday.
Rumpke will also collect large trash items this coming weekend. The pick-up begins at 5 a.m. Citizens are encouraged to set their items out the evening prior.
Acceptable items include:
- Old Clothing
- Furniture, bedsprings, mattresses, etc.
- Old rugs, carpet pieces
- Rubber hose
- Appliances (washers, dryers)
- Cans and buckets, completely cleaned and dry
- Paint cans (must be dried paint)
- No electric devices containing mercury (TV’s, computers, microwaves, cell phones)
- No building or construction materials (bricks, etc.) or remodeling materials (interior, exterior)
- No car body parts including wheels and tires
- No steel or metal framing
- No tree limbs or leaves
Refrigerators, AC units, and freezers are required to have a sticker on them showing that the CFC’s were removed by a certified person. This included units without the compressors in them. If there is no sticker, your unit will be rejected. For further information, call Rumpke at 1-800-582-3107 or the Mayor’s Office at 933-6100.
Is anyone picking up Christmas Trees this year?
Beginning Monday morning, the city will begin collecting Christmas Trees from households that have it placed on the curb.