The foundation helps assist donors in building an enduring source of charitable assets to benefit the citizens and qualified organizations of Ripley County.
For the fall granting cycle, over $70,000 was donated to eighteen community organizations. The 2013 Ripley County Community Foundation Fall Grants include:
- Angels of Giving-$2,500
- Batesville Kiwanis (Kids & Us Mentoring)-$2,800
- Batesville Police Department (dispatch center improvement)- $5,000
- Child Evangelism Fellowship (Good News & Good News Archery Clubs)-$4,970
- Delaware Community Volunteer Fire Department (fire station cabinets)-$4,394
- Life Time Housing Group (owner occupied rehabilitation)-$3,000
- Milan 54(remodel museum barbershop)-$4,783
- National Muzzle Loading Rifle Association (restoration of Rand House & Museum)-$2,000
- New Horizons Rehabilitation (upgrading technology)-$4,787
- Oldenburg Academy (steel drums)-$2,800
- Rescue 69 (ambulance remount)-$5,000
- Reward Riding (wheelchair ramp)-$2,398
- Ripley County Family Services (technology upgrade)-$3,364
- Salvation Army (emergency assistance program)-$2,000
- Southeastern Career Center (SCC engineering academy)-$5,000
- Southeast IN Health Center (diabetes management)-$4,475
- Tyson Activity Center (TAC Tumblers &summer drama program)-$5,000
- Versailles VFD (emergency multi-gas meters)-$1,900
Available funds to grant to the community come from the Ripley County Community Foundation Community Granting Fund and ten other community granting funds within the foundation. These include: The Greg & Judy Rust Family Fund, The Bruns-Gutzwiller Fund, the Al & Norma Hartman Family Fund, the Duwane & Doris Bonfer Family Fund, the City of Batesville Fund, the Ralph & Ethel Dunbar Fund, the Dan & Jamie Schantz Family Fund, the Ollier Family Fund, the Gilmore & Golda Reynolds Community Granting Fund and the John A. Hillenbrand Foundation Community Granting Fund.
The Ripley County Community Foundation has granted approximately $90,000 in 2013.