Replacement Of 1935 Bridge Begins Next Week

July 2, 2014
By

An 80-year bridge over Clifty Creek in Decatur County will be demolished. (Image: in.gov)

An 80-year bridge over Clifty Creek in Decatur County will be demolished. (Image: in.gov)

Construction is set to begin next week at the site of a Decatur County bridge built in 1935. The road work will force some local drivers to take a detour until late October.

The nearly 80-year old twin arch bridge over Clifty Creek on Old U.S. 421 will soon be demolished and replaced by a new 185-foot-long bridge capable of accommodating two 12-foot lanes with shoulders.

Officials with the Indiana Department of Transportation estimate the road will be closed for 120 days. The closure is scheduled to begin Monday.

Local drivers will see detour signs that route traffic to C.R. 420 West and C.R. 300 N.

The $1.5 million project is 80 percent funded by the Federal Highway Administration while Decatur County covers the remaining 20 percent.

Dave O’Mara Contractor Inc. is the bridge project’s primary contractor.

Listen Live

Upcoming Events

Nov
5
Wed
6:00 am God’s Bright Treasures Ministry ...
God’s Bright Treasures Ministry ...
Nov 5 @ 6:00 am – Nov 24 @ 6:00 pm
God’s Bright Treasures Ministry is collecting 7,500 pairs of shoes to raise funds for our center, to help those in need and to keep shoes from going into the landfills. We are asking for the community’s help to accomplish this. We have already collected 2,600 pairs so far! God’s Bright Treasures is a non-profit child care facility in Bright, Indiana. We have a shoe collection box at the business of Quality Auto Mart at 7307 St. Rd. 46 E., Batesville, IN 47041 or they can bring their shoes to our location at 25365 State Line Road, Bright, IN 47025. Please clean out your unwanted, gently worn, used shoes and donate them. If you, or a local organization, are interested in learning more about this opportunity, you may contact Karen Stall or Mary Ann Cannon by phone at 812-637-6830 or email Karen@godsbrighttreasures.org or maryann@godsbrighttreasures.org.
Nov
16
Sun
12:00 pm American Red Cross Blood Donatio... @ Southeastern Indiana
American Red Cross Blood Donatio... @ Southeastern Indiana
Nov 16 @ 12:00 pm – Nov 30 @ 3:00 pm
Efforts to help ensure a sufficient blood supply for patients during the holiday season are underway. Patients don’t get a holiday from needing donated blood! How to donate blood Simply download the American Red Cross Blood Donor App, visit redcrossblood.org or call 1-800-RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767) to make an appointment or for more information. All blood types are needed to ensure a reliable supply for patients. A blood donor card or driver’s license or two other forms of identification are required at check-in. Individuals who are 17 years of age (16 with parental consent in some states), weigh at least 110 pounds and are in generally good health may be eligible to donate blood. High school students and other donors 18 years of age and younger also have to meet certain height and weight requirements.   Places to donate: redcross
Nov
17
Mon
9:00 am Deck Your House @ Memorial Building
Deck Your House @ Memorial Building
Nov 17 @ 9:00 am – Dec 2 @ 12:00 pm
Deck Your House  @ Memorial Building  | Batesville | Indiana | United States
Deck Your House Holiday House Decorating Contest How to enter: submit a photo of your home, 5 canned goods, name, address and phone number at the Memorial Building by noon on December 2nd. Criteria: residential homes only within city limits and must be visible from the street. Contestants will be announced at the Annual Tree Lighting Celebration, December 4th at 6 p.m. Vote: December 4-11 at 3 p.m. Vote at: Memorial Building- 132 S. Main St. Memorial Public Library- 131 N. Walnut St. Southeastern Indiana YMCA- State Road 129 1 canned good= 1 vote (supports Batesville Food Pantry) Winners Announced: Winners will be notified in person December 17th starting at 6 p.m. Ryan Stauffer will announce winners at 6:30 p.m. on WRBI. Prizes, Sponsors and more information on the flyer:     

View Calendar