Quinoa with Pea Pods and Peppers
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 ½ cups vegetable stock
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ¼ cup chopped shallots (4 small)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 ounces snow peas, sliced (2 cups)
- 1 ½ tablespoons lemon juice
- ¼ cup parsley, chopped
- 1 yellow or orange bell pepper, chopped (1 cup)
- Rinse the quinoa in a fine-mesh strainer under cold water until the water runs clear.
- Place the quinoa and vegetable stock into a medium-sized saucepan. Cover and bring to a boil. Then simmer until quinoa is tender, 15-18 minutes.
- While quinoa is simmering, place the oil in a sauté pan over moderate heat.
- Once the oil is hot, add the shallots and garlic to the pan. Saute until the shallots become tender, 3-4 minutes. Add the snow pea and peppers and sauté for 3 more minutes.
- Drain any remaining stock from the quinoa. Add the quinoa to the vegetables and stir to combine. Remove from heat and add the lemon juice and parsley.
- Serve warm as a side dish or cold as a salad.
Recipe by WRBI Radio.com at http://wrbiradio.com/23738/