Kitchen Fire Leads To Damage In Nine Apartments

July 9, 2014
By
A Batesville restaurant is closed today after suffering water damage.

A Batesville restaurant is closed today after suffering water damage.

Update (2:00 p.m.)

Batesville Fire Chief Todd Schutte says the cause of a fire at RomWeber Flats was caused by an individual cooking on the stove.

The property’s sprinkler system contained the fire to the one apartment. It did result in some water damage to nine apartment homes and the Big Four Café. It delayed restaurant operations by three hours on Wednesday.

“There were no injuries as a result of the fire and all residents effected have been taken care of,” according to Teri Hedemark, Area Manager forFlaherty and Collins, the property management company.

“The Red Cross assisted in placing three families in hotels and a restoration company arrived shortly after the incident to begin repairs. We appreciated the quick response time from Emergency Services.”

Update (8:30 a.m.)

Owner Adam Israel says the Big Four Café will now reopen today at 10 a.m.

First Report (7:54 a.m.)

The Big Four Café in Batesville is closed Wednesday morning after the business suffered water damage.

Fire crews responded to a report of a fire at a RomWeber Flats apartment early Wednesday morning. The sprinkler system was deployed leading to water draining down to the first floor where the restaurant is located.

Café owner Adam Israel said they are working on cleaning the water up today but the business did not suffer any fire damage.

 

WRBI WEATHER
57°
moderate rain
humidity: 98%
wind: 3mph SE
H 57 • L 57
60°
Sat
70°
Sun
68°
Mon
71°
Tue
74°
Wed

Upcoming Events

Sep
30
Fri
4:00 pm Chili Supper @ Greensburg Fire Department
Chili Supper @ Greensburg Fire Department
Sep 30 @ 4:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Chili Supper at the Greensburg Fire Department this Friday night, 4-8:00 PM! All you can eat chili, peanut butter sandwiches, hot dogs and homemade desserts $6.00! Come out and support your GFD firefighters, bring the kids to see the fire…