Aurora Store Evacuated After Smell Of Gas

April 7, 2014
By

A local Walmart was evacuated over the weekend after employees smelled gas.

Customers were shopping Saturday morning at the Aurora Walmart when gas was smelled and it forced employees to usher everyone outside and shut down the store. Firefighters and first responders arrived to the store off U.S. 50 at about 5 a.m.

One employee was taken to a hospital as a result.

Investigators determined that the smell was linked to malfunctioning heating and air conditioning units on the roof of the store. The store reopened Saturday.

WRBI WEATHER
74°
clear sky
humidity: 45%
wind: 1mph ENE
H 74 • L 59
64°
Wed
62°
Thu
66°
Fri
64°
Sat
68°
Sun

Upcoming Events

Oct
1
Sat
9:00 am Sarringhaus Benefit @ Knights of St. John Hall - Batesville
Sarringhaus Benefit @ Knights of St. John Hall - Batesville
Oct 1 @ 9:00 am – 10:00 pm
Sarringhaus Benefit @ Knights of St. John Hall - Batesville
11:00 am Osgood Bricktoberfest @ Town of Osgood
Osgood Bricktoberfest @ Town of Osgood
Oct 1 @ 11:00 am – 10:00 pm
OSGOOD, Ind. — The Town of Osgood, along with the support of local sponsors, will be hosting the 2nd Annual Bricktoberfest event on Saturday, October 1 from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. on the historic brick road located on Ripley…