Aurora Store Evacuated After Smell Of Gas

April 7, 2014
By

A local Walmart was evacuated over the weekend after employees smelled gas.

Customers were shopping Saturday morning at the Aurora Walmart when gas was smelled and it forced employees to usher everyone outside and shut down the store. Firefighters and first responders arrived to the store off U.S. 50 at about 5 a.m.

One employee was taken to a hospital as a result.

Investigators determined that the smell was linked to malfunctioning heating and air conditioning units on the roof of the store. The store reopened Saturday.

Listen Live

Upcoming Events

Sep
2
Tue
7:00 am MEETING Daughters of Isabella Al... @ Knights of Columbus in Batesville
MEETING Daughters of Isabella Al... @ Knights of Columbus in Batesville
Sep 2 @ 7:00 am – 8:00 pm
 New members are welcome to come.
10:45 am Adult Basic Education (for the H...
Adult Basic Education (for the H...
Sep 2 @ 10:45 am – 11:45 am
Brookville: Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9am-2pm at the Government Center Room 102 and 5pm-9pm Tuesdays and Thursdays at the Education Education Center (Above Dr. Bentz Dental Office across from Mainsource Bank)   Laurel Library: Mondays and Wednesdays 11am – 2pm   Call or text for details 765-309-2001
1:00 pm Sunman American Legion Post 337 ...
Sunman American Legion Post 337 ...
Sep 2 @ 1:00 pm – 6:30 pm
Schedule online at: www.hoxworth.org/group/sunman or call Roger Lang 812-623-3685

View Calendar