Almond Crusted Salmon
- 1/4 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup panko
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 (6-ounce) salmon fillets, about 1-inch thick
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 4 lemon wedges
- Preheat oven to 500°.
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a shallow dish; set aside.
- Brush tops and sides of fish with juice: sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Working with 1 fillet at a time, dredge top and sides in almond mixture;
- place skin side down on broiler pan coated with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle any remaining crumb mixture evenly over fish; press gently to adhere.
- Bake at 500° for 15 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork or until desired degree of doneness.
- Serve with lemon wedges.
Chocolate Avocado Mousse
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 very ripe (8 ounce) avocados, peeled and pitted
- 1/2 cup agave
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon fine salt
- Fresh raspberries, for garnish
- Place the chocolate chips in a small bowl.
- Place over a small saucepan of barely simmering water.
- Stir until the chocolate is melted and smooth, about 3 minutes.
- Set aside to cool slightly.
- Place the melted chocolate, avocados, agave, cocoa powder, vanilla and salt in a food processor.
- Blend until smooth and creamy, scraping the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Spoon into glasses and refrigerate for at least 3 hours (can be prepared 1 day in advance).
- Garnish with fresh raspberries and serve.